My “About Legend” Blog Post Will Have to Wait
11/1/11 Update : I’m sorry for the long delay. My MapleStory account was unlocked a couple of weeks ago, a day or so after I originally posted saying I was banned. Unfortunately, I got too tired up with trying to catch up with where I should’ve been if I weren’t banned in the first place and I had sort of forgotten about posting on my blog, so I put it off even further. I eventually became just too lazy to update it and recently, I’ve been playing The Legend of Zelda games almost every day, thus my blog hasn’t really been on my mind recently. Since the post has been delayed so long, I will postpone it until sometime after the November 16th update, when Demon Slayers are released (I will also be busy playing The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword upon its release as well). I promise to catch up on any information then. :X
I will, however, post information about the Legend events sometime today.
I really planned to have a blog post out by now detailing the Jump + Legend update in JMS by today, but things haven’t been going… quite as planned. Sadly, I didn’t have enough time to collect all of the information I wanted to post on this blog before this situation went down.
Yesterday, when the game went live and we all could patch, there were a lot of problems – one of them being detrimental to the game. The entire Potential system was screwed over. All items with potential were reset to unidentified status and if you tried to use a magnifying glass on the items, they would lose potential almost entirely. I say “almost,” because the red boarder around the item would remain on the icon, but when you hovered over the item, it would show no potential at all. About 1 hour and 30 minutes after the game went live, Nexon took the game back down for an emergency maintenance, which lasted about 7 hours. They fixed the issue with Potential and rolled back the database to before the update – it was the best thing they could’ve done.
All was going well and I was happy. I made my Cannon Shooter and began leveling it up. Man, I had a ton of fun doing so, as well. Cannon Shooter surprised me – I didn’t think it would be as fun as it is. After about 4 hours of grinding to get to level 50, I decided to go to Sand Moles in Magatia. The experience was insane. I was getting about 100% per 10 minutes. At level 55, I received 3 one-hour 1.5x EXP consume items from the Maple Administrator as one of the Legend events. About 15 minutes after I used one of them, I was disconnected. I noticed something was off, since the disconnect wasn’t displayed like it normally is (it’s hard to describe). So, I was a little upset that I wasted a 1.5x experience item, but I tried logging back in to continue grinding away anyway. Upon entering my password, I got an error. Lo and behold, I was banned from the server – permanently (that’s the only type of ban Nexon Japan hands out, sadly). My heart sank.
Luckily (maybe), this seems to be a wide-spread issue, which means I have a chance of being unbanned. There are a lot of people on the MapleStory Japan official site posting in the chat section saying they were banned randomly during gameplay, with the exact same ban notice as I received (“This is an ID that was confirmed to be using hacking tools.”). I sighed, almost laughed, then proceeded to send Nexon a support inquiry as well as sending them messages on Facebook and Twitter. GM Nunnnuko posted on Twitter that the banning glitch is confirmed and they’re working on solving the issue. It has been more than 12 hours now and there hasn’t been any kind of maintenance, which has me worried a bit, but they said they’re working on solving these issues, so I guess it’s best to give them some time.
I really hope this situation can be resolved. I will not continue to play MapleStory if I do not get my account back.
- 強海賊王 - 176レベル バイパー (拳 海賊)
- Taunted - 137レベル シャドー (短剣 盗賊)
- 欅の英雄 - 128レベル 英雄 (剣・斧 戦士)
- TKデスピサロ - 193レベル ビショップ (聖 魔法使い)
- JohnnyLeta on NetMarble Japan Registration (Dragon Ball Online)
- mmorpg 2014 on Crafting Lv 10 Reached and Dark Angelic Bless crafted! Willpower Lv 60. (匠人に名工レベきた。ダークエンジェリックブレス作成！意志60レベだ)
- conpinteyronpa on NetMarble Japan Registration (Dragon Ball Online)
- league of legends champion guide on Renaissance Update – 4Gamer Interview With Nexon Japan
- League of Legends guide free on Renaissance Update – 4Gamer Interview With Nexon Japan
- お久しぶり！日本語の勉強がよみがえたぞ！！今年か来年、大学に行くつもりだ。日本語の授業があったら、専攻は日本語に決めるかと考えている。ダメならばビジネスにする。それで、留学してみせる。 1 day ago
- Enter for a chance to WIN a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Video Card! wn.nr/CHkkGc 2 weeks ago
- #ゼルダの伝説 #BreathoftheWild #NintendoSwitch https://t.co/mTG9aIIKR7 3 weeks ago
- Please support a good #cause and help fight #breastcancer by supporting my mother in her tough time! gofundme.com/asycewek?pc=14… Thank you! 1 year ago
- As a massive fan of #Batman and the darker ways he is portrayed, I hope they do him justice in the new film. 1 year ago
- 92,555 hits