The end of one life, the start of another.
Hey, guys. It has been a while since my last blog post. I was planning on updating my blog some time ago with full details of both of the MapleStory : Legend updates, but over the past few months, MapleStory has just become dull. I’ve really been getting tired of it. Basically, I became extremely lazy about updating my blog due to the fact that I was so bored and tired of this stupid MMORPG. I’ve been extremely excited for the release of The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword and my excitement levels for that have been beyond anything I can explain. I think that also had an effect upon the laziness that grew with my involvement with MapleStory.
I played MapleStory basically all day every day during the Legend updates and even got a Cannon Shooter to 135 or so and a Demon Slayer to around level 130, but it just felt empty and like something was missing. The game is just not what it used to be for me. It’s just… disgusting, for a lack of a more descriptive word. I just don’t want to play this game anymore.
Anywho, I finally got my hands on The Legend of Zelda : Skyward Sword on the day of its release. I played it to completion basically without stopping for more than getting a bite to eat and getting my daily sleep. It’s an absolutely beautiful and amazing experience. One would be a fool to give up such a chance to play such a magnificent game. Even after beating it twice – once on my first play-through and once on Hero Mode – I couldn’t step away from the game without forcing myself to. It’s such a fun game with a beautiful story, amazing art style, charming characters, and memorable scenarios, it’s really hard to stop even thinking about it. I can’t get the many tunes in the game out of my head. Over the past month, my life has basically been nothing but Skyward Sword.
This, coupled with events in-game and dealings with Nexon (all branches of Nexon), has made me realize I absolutely hate MapleStory. I hardly planned to return to playing MapleStory after I finished playing through Skyward Sword my second time but then I saw the release of the KMST update that changed Thieves and Pirates entirely. This is nothing short of an abomination. What the bloody hell did Nexon Korea do to my beloved Viper class? The class I’ve spent my time, money and even love into is basically ruined. This is beyond stupid. This sealed the deal for me. I have absolutely no plans to return to MapleStory now that Nexon Korea ruined it for me. Dealing with the potential and enhancement system was a nightmare in itself, but the trashing of an already bad yet lovable class is just beyond my limit. Thanks, Nexon Korea. You’ve turned this player away.
I’m sorry to say, but I must take a bow and leave from blogging. My blog has never really been good or has had any kind of spotlight, so it doesn’t really matter to anyone, I guess. No one will really miss me anyway, considering JMS is pretty much an isolated version of MapleStory that’s forgotten by everyone else until they spit out unique content that makes everyone think twice about what it actually is. I really had hopes that Dennis (TKWizard) would have helped me by posting information about stuff, like the Legend patch, when I didn’t. Sadly, I was mistaken. I don’t know if he will post anything on here from here-on-out, but I most certainly won’t.
I don’t know what I’ll do from here. There are no MMOs for me to turn to, since none I want to play are released outside of Korea at the moment, and I REALLY need to get my life in order. I need to get a job – perhaps military? I don’t know. Maybe I’ll pick up MapleStory again sometime in the future, although I’m extremely doubtful of that. I still have other characters I can play, even though my main character is ruined beyond repair, but they dull in comparison to my time with my Viper. I just can’t do it.
Well, it sucks to say it. I had a fun time writing for this blog and beyond that : getting to know all of the people I got to know by playing the Japanese version of MapleStory. It sucks that it ends, but all things must come to an end sometime, right? Well, this has been a much longer ‘goodbye’ than I’m sure any of you wish to read.
I apologize for my negligence as of late. I’m sorry I’m no longer going to do this. It was fun.
- 強海賊王 - 176レベル バイパー (拳 海賊)
- Taunted - 137レベル シャドー (短剣 盗賊)
- 欅の英雄 - 128レベル 英雄 (剣・斧 戦士)
- TKデスピサロ - 193レベル ビショップ (聖 魔法使い)
- JohnnyLeta on NetMarble Japan Registration (Dragon Ball Online)
- mmorpg 2014 on Crafting Lv 10 Reached and Dark Angelic Bless crafted! Willpower Lv 60. (匠人に名工レベきた。ダークエンジェリックブレス作成！意志60レベだ)
- conpinteyronpa on NetMarble Japan Registration (Dragon Ball Online)
- league of legends champion guide on Renaissance Update – 4Gamer Interview With Nexon Japan
- League of Legends guide free on Renaissance Update – 4Gamer Interview With Nexon Japan
- お久しぶり！日本語の勉強がよみがえたぞ！！今年か来年、大学に行くつもりだ。日本語の授業があったら、専攻は日本語に決めるかと考えている。ダメならばビジネスにする。それで、留学してみせる。 1 day ago
- Enter for a chance to WIN a GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 Video Card! wn.nr/CHkkGc 2 weeks ago
- #ゼルダの伝説 #BreathoftheWild #NintendoSwitch https://t.co/mTG9aIIKR7 3 weeks ago
- Please support a good #cause and help fight #breastcancer by supporting my mother in her tough time! gofundme.com/asycewek?pc=14… Thank you! 1 year ago
- As a massive fan of #Batman and the darker ways he is portrayed, I hope they do him justice in the new film. 1 year ago
- 92,555 hits